8:50 am update: The drive over was not good even with 4WD and good snow tires - so we've made the decision to stay closed today. This is a good day to stay home and recharge.
It's just not worth taking a chance to come over for mediocre skiing. We got about 2" of sleet which we can groom once the temperatures go below freezing again, until then we're staying off it so we don't mash it down and make it unreasonably hard. Malcolm and Yeti will be out grooming tomorrow in the wee small hours of tomorrow morning.
We hope to see you tomorrow!
8am Malcolm is on his way over to the nordic center. He'll look at the trails and make a decision on whether or not it's worth opening today or if we wait this weather out. The condition of the road will have a lot of impact on this decision. Please check back or call before driving over. 802-824-3933. I will update as soon as I hear from him.