The Great Cookie Hunt
Hidden out on the trails are wooden snowflakes and Viking helmets (No we can't tell you where they are). Each one has a different paper punch attached to it. Kids 12 and under, skiing or snowshoeing with an adult will be given a punch card along with their trail pass, learn the rules of the search, find the required number of punches, and then trade in the completed card for a cookie in the Café!
It's as easy as that!
Not enough for you? Find all five cookie punches, plus the big red wooden star 'Super Punch' and you'll get both a cookie, and a small hot chocolate!
If you haven't found all your needed punch stations, don't worry! The cookie cards never expire. Bring them back the next day or the next year and find those punches you missed the first time.
Details or answers to the FAQ's
* Yes, a trail pass purchase is required.
* There is not one trail with the punch stations. They are hidden out on different trails and they move occasionally.
* Children must be on skis or snowshoes and accompanied by an adult. This is not a walking/hiking thing
* We do not give a cookie if you don't find the required number of different punches. That's not fair to all the kids who worked hard to find them all.
* Sorry, we don't have a gluten free option.
Adults Feeling Left Out?
Not to worry, Viking's got you covered. No cookie punches for you expert skiers though, for you we have a much harder (and just as rewarding) hunt.
Find all 5 of Viking's wooden faces out on the trails, take photos so you can prove you saw them, and earn a cookie for yourself!
The number of people who've found them all in one day can be counted on one hand. Will you bring it up to double digits? (If not, then don't worry! You can come back any number of times to search for the missing heads).
(If you tag a selfie with one of our heads on social media, just be sure to not give away it's location with trail signs or landmarks)