Update 8am. We won't be opening today.
We got 4" of snow which is nice, but it is not sticking to the ice which is not nice. Turns out the fields were not the big problem the frozen ponds in the low spots are the biggest concern. We can't groom it without exposing some big patches of ice, so we have to wait. Malcolm is hoping as the temperature goes up today the snow will start sticking. It's supposed to get fairly warm. If this happens, and we don't lose the snow we got it should stick nicely, then he can groom. Until then, patience is the name of the game. We're running thin on patience but we're doing our best.
7:30am Malcolm is on his way over to the grooming shed. He's going to head out to see how things look out there. At this time the plan is to open the inner trails and the Riverside Farm trails. That's pretty much all the blue and green trails on the left side of our map out to the end of Loki's Loops. Boynton Run will not be open yet, it needs quite a lot of snow to recover from the last rain.
The big question today will be the condition of the fields. There may still be a lot of water that he can't get around out by the farm. He'll let me know as soon as he can and I'll update this post.