Today was a day for checking the trails and clearing trees that came down last night during the high winds. Oh, that wind! Yikes! Between the wind and the flooding we had a bit of work to do, but everything is now set and waiting for snow.
The key to Friday - Please, please check here or call the shop in the morning before driving over. We will update our status as soon as we know. If we necessary, we will hold off opening until we can ensure safe and enjoyable skiing. 802-824-3933
The fine print: we are expecting the snow to start around midnight. We will need to have a good solid 6 inches of snow on the ground before we can start grooming. Currently we have good base in most areas, but we also have some significant ice floes on many of the trails. Those spots are going to need very good coverage before we take a machine across them. We will be out as soon as we have the depth we need, and will assess how early we will open for skiing at that time.
Our plan is to groom the inner trails first, Boynton Pines Run next then we will head out around the Beaver Pond trails. After that we'll look at Odin's loops and Loki's. The fields took a bit of a beating when the river flooded, so that may take some time. I will post here as soon as I know where things stand.
If it looks like we're going to get the snow we are hoping for, we will probably turn on the lights for night skiing Saturday. Keep checking, we'll post it here and on our Facebook page when we make that decisions.
Scroll down to see all our trails. For individual trail information, click on the trail name. Click the X to go back to the list.