Sweet Cross Country Skiing Trails
At Viking Nordic, you'll find everything you need for the perfect cross-country getaway:
- Trails - our trails are acclaimed by experts and first time visitors alike. Designed with your skiing experience in mind, they are fun and loaded with options for all levels of skiers, and for both skating and classic techniques. If you decide where to ski based on a good trail network, you need to ski at Viking Nordic. Our trail map
- Snow grooming - Knowledge, experience, finesse, and equipment - these are the key ingredients to great grooming. Our trails are groomed by guys who ski, so they put the very best effort into making our trails the best they can be.
- Full service ski shop - ski equipment, snowshoes and accessories; expert advice and repairs. Viking specializes in Salomon boot fitting and Nordic ski sales.
- Pulks for sale from Viking Nordic - pull your little one sleds from Wilderness Engineering.
- Rentals - Skis and snowshoes from little size 28 boots to size 50 adult boots. Pulks available for rent by the day or half day Click here to see Equipment Rental Rates
- Instruction - Professional, Ski Instructors of America-trained instructors. Group, Family, Private, and Children's lessons available. Group lessons at 11:30 and 1:30. Private lessons for both classic and skate technique. All lessons by appointment, call ahead for best availability. Click here to see Lesson Rates
- Snowshoeing - Rentals and an expanded 4 km of snowshoe-only trail. Snowshoers are allowed on any trail in the Viking system. A trail pass is required. If you rent equipment for the day, you can switch during the day from skis to snowshoes and back.
- Cafè serving your favorite treats, home made soups and sandwiches, and hot and cold drinks. Expanded menu on weekends and holiday weeks.
- Warming Hut & Sun Deck – great place to eat for those who bring their own lunch, located in base area meadow
- Trailside Cabin – A little cabin affectionately known as The Hut is located out on the way to Beaver Ponds in a meadow just off of Roundabout. A great place to pause and take a break, or eat lunch at the picnic table and catch some winter rays.
- On-Snow Kid-Sitting -- Have your little one ski or snowshoe with an on-snow skiing sitter while you enjoy some quality time on the trails. We have a list of local kids who ski and babysit. We need 48 hours notice to try and arrange a sitter, and prepayment will be required. Child must be at least 4 years old. Please call us at 802-824-3933 to arrange. $15.00/half hour; $25/hour. Hot chocolate included!
- Night Skiing – You and your group can throw a party and rent the entire course and lights for $180 for three hours. This entitles your group to as many trail passes as you need, $7 per ski or snowshoe rental package, and use of the warming hut or clubhouse as a gathering place. There are a number of dates each season where the lights are on and trails are open to the public. Please see the Events box on the conditions page for dates.
- Viking Nordic Guest House - Sleep trail side in our 4 bedroom Vermont farm house. Click here for more details
- Clubhouse Rental - make our clubhouse your group's home base for your day of skiing at Viking Nordic. Private parties can rent the clubhouse for the day for $60. Perfect for birthday parties, potluck and ski parties, or large families that just want to be able to spread out without worrying about other skiers. Please call to arrange.
- Group Skiing – Viking offers special rates for recognized groups of 10 or more. We can package rentals, lessons, and trail passes, or any combination of the three. Night ski parties with food are also available to large groups. All group rates must be pre-arranged. We welcome buses, but we do have directions for parking and turning safely that the bus driver should be aware of. Please see the Group Sales page for contact information.